Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When so much is left undone

I am the king of buyer's regret. I'll debate long and hard about a decision, make it, and then forever second guess myself. It's a rare treat when I make a hard decision and it just feels right, like when I went to Hungary last summer. After I bought the ticket (and not a moment before), I knew it was the right thing to do. Even when tons came up and I was tempted to recant, I stuck with it, sacrificing quite a bit and changing my life based on that good feeling. Sometimes I feel pretty good a about decision, but the question "What might have been?" is always there in my thoughts. I recently stood at a very significant crossroads and made a difficult decision. I stick by it, but I can't help but keep thinking about what might have been down the other path, and whether or not I could still go back and change my mind...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

No, no, no! Timoteo, cryptic? Really, you are using the cryptic method? Fill me in on the decision! You'll have to come over!

Dee Montier said...

So, I definitely came across this in a completely randomized way. I was looking at Dani's blog, then found Ali, then saw you and thought you were Adam. Was really weirded out cause I am positive that Natalie/Ali/Jenn would have told me if Adam came home.
Then I read this, and decided (for the hundredth time in my life) that I wanted to marry a Ruggles.
So, I text Ali and Natalie and told them.
Ali text back and said I'd really get along with her cousin, Tim.
Natalie text back and asked how I came to the conclusion this time, so I told her. She laughed and asked which one I wanted to marry... Then through the conversation we figured out that you were the reasoning behind the marriage thing..
I guess I caught the "provo virus" when I was in Utah for Nat's wedding.
Thought you should know.
-Dee

Rugo said...

Lol, at first I was a little confused by people that seemed to lump all us Ruggles into one maritable pile, I mean, aren't we all so different?? Then my sister-in-law explained to me one day what common traits she found in the Ruggles family that made us different. It gave me a lot of perspective, and more than just a little gratitude for the corner of humanity God chose to set me in. In short, I apologize that you have been infected by the Ruggles virus and regret to inform you that there is no cure.